Frequently Asked Questions
About LabFriend Products
Q. Where are LabFriend products made?
- LabFriend is an online distributor of laboratory equipment and consumables from a variety of International brands, primarily sourced from Europe.
- Whilst different brands manufacture their products in different countries, all products sold by LabFriend are imported to our warehouses before being sold to you
Q. Are LabFriend products factory seconds or second-hand?
- LabFriend only sells brand new, in the box products with a full manufacturer's warranty. We sell no factory seconds or second-hand products
Q. The product I want is out of stock! What are my options?
- The lead times for products out of stock are displayed beneath each product. Lead times vary between our suppliers and could be anything from a few days to several weeks
- This means that you have the options to order the product now and wait for it to arrive, whereupon it will be delivered to you straight away.
- If you need the equipment urgently, we recommend choosing an alternative product. If an item is out of stock, our website will display alternative items along the bottom of the product page
You can contact our customer support team for advice about suitable alternative products
About LabFriend Warranty
Q. Do LabFriend products come with a full manufacturer's warranty?
- Yes, all of the products sold by LabFriend come with a full manufacturer's warranty. For more information, see our warranty page
Q. What happens if I want to make a claim under the manufacturer's warranty?
- If a product breaks or experiences any other issues within the manufacturer's warranty period, you can contact our team to assist with warranty replacement.
About LabFriend Prices
Q. I have seen one of your products for cheaper elsewhere - does LabFriend price match?
- Yes, we do! To match a price, the product must be:
- An identical product to a product listed on LabFriend
- Offered brand-new, in its original box
- Publically advertised within the last 14 days
- Available to the general public
- Currently in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor
We will NOT price match:
- Prices of membership or reward groups, stores or marketplaces
- Products displayed on auction websites
- Wholesale prices
- Verbal quotations, or written quotes not on formal letterhead
In a situation, where we are unable to match a supplier's identical price, we will offer future discount (store credit) to account for the difference.
About Ordering and Payment
Q. Which payment methods can I use to place my order?
- Online: Paypal, Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- Offline: Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) (also known as direct deposit). Select the purchase order option at the online checkout as your payment method.
Q. Is it safe to buy online?
- LabFriend's online checkout system is secured and encrypted to protect your credit card information form malicious code. Our site is also scanned daily with security software to prevent any outside interference
Q. How are LabFriend products delivered?
- LabFriend works with third party logistics providers to ensure your products delivered safely and securely.
Q. Does LabFriend deliver to my area?
- LabFriend can deliver products worldwide including regional locations. To calculate the delivery charge to your area, simply enter your details in the delivery charge calculator in the shopping cart.
Q. When will my order arrive?
- LabFriend provides lead times for orders at the time of order placement. If you are paying EFT, delivery time frames are from the date payment is received. Lead time for products can be located beneath the product price
- You can also contact us for more information regarding your delivery.
Q. How much is delivery?
- To check the cost of delivery to your area, add items to the shopping cart and use the delivery cost calculator to see how much delivery to your area will cost.
- Delivery charge is based upon weight & size of the products plus the distance from our warehouses.
Q. Who is LabFriend?
- LabFriend is an Australian privately owned business founded in 2013 Australian Business Number (ABN) is: 13 149 111 919.
- Labfriend is a wholly independent company and does not receive any sponsorship or incentives from the Brand owners of the goods which we offer for sale. Our focus is on providing goods which we believe are suited to our customers’ needs.
Q. Where is LabFriend based?
- The LabFriend Head Office is in a suburb of Sydney Australia called Willoughby. We also have partners in Singapore and Malaysia to support customers located throughout South East Asia
- Our Head Office mailing address is: PO Box 313 Willoughby NSW 2068.
Q. Why should I buy from LabFriend?
- Here are 5 good reasons:
- We are a 100% privately owned and operated business
- We can deliver products worldwide!
- We will match the advertised price for any brand new-in-stock scientific equipment (terms and conditions apply)
- Our customer support team is available online to help you choose the product you need.
- We only sell brand new products, still in their original boxes, complete with manufacturer's warranty
Here are our full terms and conditions of sale
Q. Does LabFriend have a showroom where we can view products?
- No. Although LabFriend has warehouses to supply products, we do not operate a showroom or any physical stores.
- We aim to help you find the right products for your application without having to wait for a product demonstration. To help you choose the right equipment for your application, we try to provide: